Claim Your Power Change the World
Women Connect4Good of All
I Found My Courage
Dr. Nancy is a Nationally Certified Crisis Responder and Crisis Team Leader who responded to many natural and man-made disasters. She went to NYC after 9/11, to Louisiana after Katrina and to Joplin after the tornado.
Like all women, she grew through the challenges and opportunities of her life. You know — marriage, children, career, loss of a parent, natural disaster, divorce. All those.
She gathered many of her writings on dealing with a traumatic event and posted them together HERE in hopes they will help women cope with the aftermath of challenging events as they rebuild their lives.
Please share this link with your family and friends who can benefit from Dr. Nancy’s experience.
Mother’s Day Facebook Contest Winner
Congratulations to our winner Lynn Rose. Lynn had this to say about her mother: “Mom’s been my guiding force & inspiration. She taught me a commitment to learning & growing & being a force of love & strength-She’s my hero!”
This Week’s Radio Show
Why Follow Your Intuition to Your Dream Job
What if you followed your true life’s purpose and loved living and working every day? That is what Sue Frederick is working to make come true. Sue arrived at her dream job after the death of her husband when she was 29 years old. Dr. Nancy gained clarity on her purpose after the ending of a 42-year marriage. Both agree that finding your purpose can be an extremely painful reinvention process.
Listen to Podcast Now
Top Women’s Empowerment Blogs
WomenSpeak has been ranked a top women’s blog by Institute for Psychology of Eating. Thank you!!!
Women Connect4Good: Empowering Women to Claim Their Power
- Why Follow Your Intuition to Your Dream Job - What if you followed your true life’s purpose and loved living and working every day? That is what Sue Frederick is working to make come true. Sue arrived at her dream job after the death of her husband when she was 29 years old. Dr. Nancy gained clarity on her [...]
- Empowered Woman Philanthropist Lady Gaga - What is YOUR path to empowerment? Media darling Lady Gaga, 27, finally registered on the national screen with camera-friendly stunts like wearing a meat dress. A New York University drop out, she made her money in music. In 2012 Gaga announced the launch of her own non-profit, the Born This [...]
- Women Speak Out Against Injustice - Suppose that you created an entire telemarketing division and hundreds of thousands of dollars for your company. Then you got a disabling disease and they fired you. What would you do? Jane Gagliardo sued her big pharma employer under the Americans with Disabilities Act and spoke out against unfair practices. [...]
- How Do I Find a Mentor? - Corporate America spends millions of dollars each year to make the workplace more efficient and productive. Finding and retaining talented and experienced workers is key to reducing turnover and high operational costs. Mentoring new employees and helping them become successful on the job is one way to reduce turnover. Women can benefit from a female mentor who has knowledge and experience and can show them "The ropes." The mentor can be a guide, a role model and a good adviser.
- Fight Frustration in the Office and Beyond - It doesn’t take Monday morning traffic to cause extreme frustration at work. It can even be things as small as a co-worker showing up to a meeting late, or a client calling to cancel his latest order, or the coffee pot being empty in the break room. Unfortunately when you don’t handle your anger and frustration in a constructive way, it tends to build up. As your stress levels rise, you tend to be less productive, thus finding it harder to concentrate or multi-task. Eventually those high levels of stress can take their toll and lead to burn out. The solution is to manage your frustration and stress properly and quickly so that it doesn’t get in the way of a productive workday.